- Part Number: HCP745090
- Configuration: HCP745090-1S1P
- Cell Size Max. 7.4x50.5x80.5mm (T*W*L)
- Nominal Voltage: 3.7V
- Working Voltage: 3.0-4.2V
- Rated Capacity: 3900mAh
- Internal Impedance ≤40.0mΩ
- Constant Discharge Current: 0.2C(Standard) | 1C(Max )
- Working Temperature: charge: 0-45℃; discharge: -20-60℃
- Weight: 79.96g
- Lead wires: UL1007-26AWG#, length: 50mm
- Connectors: JST
- Over-charge Detected Voltage: 4.28±0.025V
- Over-discharge Detected Voltage: 3.0±0.05V
- Notify us if you prefer a charger specifically designed for Honcell Lipo batteries.
- Tell us if you prefer a schematic CAD file for Honcell Lipo battery packs.
The Lithium-ion polymer batteries ( LiCoO2 ) , technologically evolved from lithium-ion batteries, polymer lithium ion or more commonly lithium polymer batteries abbreviated Li-poly, Li-pol, LiPo or LiP, are rechargeable secondary batteries, and are being one of the most popular types of battery nowadays with one of the best energy / volume to weight ratios for both of industrial and commercial applications.
Honcell provides the industry's widest range of standard and customized single cell sizes and capacities from 25 mAh to 10 Ah in only a 0.12mm highly flexible aluminum laminate film outer covering from an optional 1 to 12mm thick, 10-90mm wide, and 13-180mm long alterable Lipo pouch cells.
The three primary functional components of a lithium-ion polymer battery are the anode, cathode, and electrolyte. The anode is made from carbon, the cathode is lithium cobalt oxide, and the electrolyte is a lithium salt in an organic solvent. The Lipo cell is constructed as:
- Positive Electrode - LiCoO2 or LiMn2O4. Probable composition as 'discharged'.
- Separator - Conducting polymer electrolyte (e.g. polyethylene oxide, PEO)
- Negative Electrode - Li or carbon, Li intercalation compound. Probably "C6Li" as 'charged'.
- Negative Electrode - Carbon-Lix → Carbon + xLi+ + xe−
- Separator - Li+ conducting polymer
- Positive Electrode - Li1−xCoO2 + xLi+ + xe− → LiCoO2
- Overall Reaction - Carbon-Lix + Li1-xCoO2 → LiCoO2 + Carbon
Built in Lithium polymer battery largely replaced the previous nickel-metal hydride batteries, and its main applications in both of industrial and commercial applications are as follows:
Animal Food Device, Fertilization, Fertilizer, Fish Feeding Device, Irrigation
Car Alarm, Car Stereo, Oil Injection, Vehicle Tracking, Car Key, Car Lighting, Key Lights, Removable Flashlight...
Bluetooth Headset, Cellular Phones, Cordless Phones, Handy Terminal, Mobile Phones, Modems, Pagers, Personal Digital Assistants (PAD), Personal Mobile Radios, Satellite Phones, Smart Phones, Walkie-Talkie...
Alarm System, Aquarium Food Devices, Bicycle Computer, Birdcage Feeders, CD Players, Consumer Device, Digital Cameras / Photo Frame, E-Book, E-Board, Electronic Calculators, Electronic Database, Electronic Games, GPS, Home Security Station, Intelligent Toys, Laser Pointers, Mp3/Mp4/Mp5 Players, Music Greeting Cards, Digital Photo Albums, Personal Care Products, Portable Audio / DVDs / Printer / Speaker, Power Bank, PSP, Remote Control, Scent Dispensers, Shavers, Solar Application, Watches, Wireless Keyboard / Mouse, Bike Lights, Flashlights, Head Lamps, Mini Flashlights (LED), Rechargeable Torchlight, Scuba Lights, Solar Lights, Hearing Aids, Pos Machines...
Clock Modules, Dispensers, Display Feed Units, Fuel Cells, Jack Lifter Systems, Lubrication, Lubricator Point Of Sales(POS), Scanner (Bar Code Readers), Sensing Timers, Timer Systems, Vaccination Emergency Lights, Portable Lighting Work Lights, Memory Back-Up, Real Time Clock...
Automatic Pipette, Blood Pressure Devices, Blood Sugar Indicators, Body Fat Monitors, Dosing System, Insulin Pump, Thermometers, Veterinary Medicines...
Analysis, Data Collectors, Electricity Meters, Energy Harvesting Backup, Gas Meters, GPS, Terminal, Heat Cost Allocators, Heat Meters, Measurement Portable Sensors, Road-Toll Transponders, Sensors, Sensor Networks, Smoke Detectors, Water Meters...
1. High Energy Density:
the weight of a Lipo battery is approximately one half compared to a nickel-cadmium or nickel-metal hydride battery of similar capacity. Moreover, the volume of the Lipo battery is 40% to 50% smaller than that of a nickel-cadmium and 20% to 30% smaller than that of a nickel-metal hydride battery.
2. Higher Cost-to-Energy Ratio:
in comparison to all other kinds of rechargeable battery categories, the capacity and density of Lipo battery is generally higher than the same category liquid type lithium battery.
3. High Discharge Rate:
Honcell provides Lipo cells and packs from 0.2C to 45C highly discharge rate batteries for vast applications where need power.
4. Long Cycle Life:
under normal operating conditions, the Lipo battery still remains 60%-80% of the original capacity after 500 charge/discharge cycles.
5. No Memory Effect and Reconditioning Need:
Lipo battery is free from the so-called memory effect, a phenomenon seen in nickel-cadmium in which the apparent battery capacity decreases when shallow charge and discharge cycles are repeated.
6. Highly Flexible Dimension and Low Profile:
T x W x L (T: thickness W: width L: length) from 1mm to 12mm thick, 10-90mm wide, and 13-180mm long. Batteries resembling the profile of a quarter credit card are feasible.
7. Flexible Form Factor:
cells are not bound by standard cell formats. With high volume, any reasonable size can be produced economically.
8. High Voltage:
a single Lipo cell has a voltage of a mean value 3.7V, which is equal to either three nickel-cadmium or nickel-metal hydride cells connected in series.
9. Wide Capacity Range:
single cell from 35mAh to 10Ah in only a 0.12mm thick aluminum laminate film outer covering.
10. Light Weighted:
The use of aluminum laminate film for packaging provides light-weight advantage in comparison with other rechargeable categories.
11. Small Impedance:
equal to or more than 25mΩ
12. Wide Range Operating Temperature Conditions:
from -20℃ to +80℃
13. Improved Safety Performance::
as the aluminum laminate film outer package is different from the meta shell of liquid lithium ion battery, and once safety problems arise, there is no explosion but only expansion.
Lipo battery does not contain any polluting substances such as cadmium, lead, mercury, etc.
15. Non-metal Lithium:
Lipo battery does not employ any lithium metal. It is not governed by aircraft transportation rules relating to carrying lithium batteries in passenger airplanes.
16. Fast Charge Capacity:
LiPo batteries must be charged carefully. The basic procedure is to begin at constant current until each cell reaches 4.2 V. The charger must then switch to a constant voltage mode, and the charging current will gradually be reduced as the charger holds the cell voltage at 4.2 V. This continues until the charge current has dropped to a small fraction of the initial charge rate, at which point the battery is considered fully charged.
17. Battery Protection Circuit Module (PCM) Available:
Capable to modify with protection circuit to ensure excellent safety level.
18. Battery Pack Assembly Available:
Whatsoever in an hard case envelope or PCM, fly leads, and/or with the genuine wire connector in either series or parallel strings connection.
The purpose of a battery pack is to provide convenient integrated more powerful source. LiPo batteries are usually composed of several identical Honcell secondary cells in parallel and series. By adding more cells in a series chain, this does not increase the Amp Hour capacity of the battery , but it increases the Watt-hour capacity, or the total stored energy, in proportion to the number of cells in the chain. The capacity can be increased through adding more parallel cells, this increases the Amp Hour capacity as well as the Watt-hour capacity without increasing the battery voltage. Mostly, the configurations for such pack chains are 2S1P, 2S2P, 3S1P, 3S2P, 4S1P, 4S2P...
The Lipo batteries can come pre-attached with a genuine x-pin(x=2 or 3 or 4) connector in lead wires drawn out from the included necessary protection circuit module ( PCM ), as shown in previous demo. Because they have a genuine connector, not a knock-off, the cable won't snag or get stuck in a matching JST jack, they click in and out very smoothly. The included protection circuitry keeps the battery voltage from going too high (over-charging) or low (over-discharge) which means that the battery will cut off when completely dead at 3.0V or 2.75V on the basis of pre-selected type of PCM. It will also protect against output shorts. However, even with this protection it is very important that you only use a charger specifically designed for lithium ion polymer batteries in CC( constant-current) / CV (constant-voltage) to recharge them and at a C rate specified by Honcell. Like most Lipo batteries.
The packs we are making have no NTC thermistor built in. This is why we suggest charging at lower current. We can definitely say charging at 0.2C is always a good rate, and available from any USB port if using a USB-powered charger. If your application requires a removable or replaceable battery, we are good enough to manufacture the complete product including battery and hard plastic case as a whole "hard case battery.
Handling Precautions and Guidelines for Lithium-ion Polymer Rechargeable Batteries
This document of "Handling Precautions and Guideline for Li-po Rechargeable Batteries" shall be applied to the battery cells supplied by HONCELL.
The customer is requested to contact HONCELL in advance, if and when the customer needs other applications or operating conditions than those described in this document. Additional experimentation may be required to verify performance and safety under such conditions.
HONCELL will take no responsibilities for any accidents when the cell is used under other conditions than those described in this document.
HONCELL will inform, in a written form, the customer of improvement(s) regarding proper use and handling of the cell, if it is deemed necessary.
Always use a charger specifically designed for Lithium ion polymer batteries, but never use other types of chargers to charge Li-po batteries. Failure to do so will damage the batteries and may cause fire and personal injury.
1.1 Charging Current:
Charging current should be less than maximum charge current specified in this specification sheet. Charging with higher
current than recommended value may cause damage to cell electrical, mechanical and safety performance and could lead to heat generation or leakage.
1.2 Charging Voltage:
Charging shall be done by voltage less than that specified in this specification sheet (4.2V/cell). Charging beyond 4.25V,
which is the absolute maximum voltage, must be strictly prohibited. The charger shall be designed to comply with this
condition. It is very dangerous that charging with higher voltage than maximum voltage specified may cause damage to
the cell electrical, mechanical safety performances and could lead to heat generation or leakage.
1.3 Charging Temperature:
The cell shall be charged within 0 ºc ~45 ºc ranging in this specification sheet.
1.4 Prohibition of Reverse Charging:
Reverse charging is prohibited. The cell must be connected correctly. The polarity has to be confirmed before wiring, In
case of the cell is connected improperly, the cell cannot be charged. Simultaneously, the reverse charging may cause
damages to the cell which may lead to degradation of cell performances and damage the cell safety, and could cause
heat generation or leakage.
2.1 Discharging current
The cell shall be discharged at less than the maximum discharge current specified in this specification sheet. High
discharging current may reduce the discharging capacity significantly or cause over-heat. If you plan to discharge
battery at a higher current than the max current allowed, please consult HONCELL for other recommended solutions.
2.2 Discharging temperature
The cell shall be discharged within -10 ºc ~60 ºc range specified in this specification sheet.
It should be noted that the cell would be at over-discharged state by its self-discharge characteristics in case the cell is not used for long time. Over-discharging may cause loss of cell performances, characteristics or battery functions. In order to prevent the cell over-discharging, the cell shall be charged periodically to maintain between 3.6V and 3.9V. The charger shall be equipped with a device to prevent further discharging exceeding a cut-off voltage specified in this specification sheet. Also the charger shall be equipped with a device to control the recharging procedures as follows: a: The cell or battery pack shall start with a low current (0.01C) for 15-30 minutes, i.e.-charging, before rapid charging starts.
b:The rapid charging shall be started after the (individual) cell voltage has been reached above 3V within 15-30 minutes.
Do not place batteries near heating sources, nor exposed to direct sunlight for long periods. Elevated temperatures can result in reduced battery service life.
can be determined with the use of an appropriate timer for pre-charging. In case the (individual) cell voltage does not rise to 3V within the pre-charging time, then the charger shall have functions to stop further charging and display the cell/pack is at abnormal state.
3. Protection Circuit Module(PCM)
The cell or battery pack shall be protected by PCM and have the functions of over charge, over discharge and over current prevention to maintain safety and prevent significant deterioration of cell performances
3.1 Overcharging Prohibition:
Overcharging prevention function shall stop charging if any one of the cells of the battery pack reaches 4.25V.
3.2 Over-discharge Prohibition:
Over-discharging prevention function shall work to avoid further drop in cell voltage of 2.75V or less per cell in any cell of the battery pack. It is recommended that the dissipation current of PCM shall be minimized to 0.5uA or less with the over-discharge prevention. The protection function shall monitor each bank of the battery pack and control the current all the time.
Keep the cells in half-charged state to help keep them fully charged or completely discharged. Put the cells in cool and dry place when storing them. The cell shall be storied within -10ºc to 35ºc environmental condition. If the cell has to be storied for a long time unused (over 3 months), need to activate the battery once every 3 months according to the following steps:
1) charge at 0.2C to 4.2V then rest 5 min.
2) discharge at 0.2C to 2.75V then rest 5 min.
3) then charge again at 0.2C to 3.9V
The voltage for a long time storage shall be 3.6V to 3.9V range. The environmental condition is preferred at ambient temperature 20 ºc±5 ºc and relative humidity 65±20%.
5. Handling of Cells
Since the Li-po cell is packed in soft package, which can be easily damaged by sharp edge parts such as pins, needles and Ni-tabs, ect., comparing with metal can-cased LIB. To ensure its better performance, it's very important to handle the battery carefully.
1) Avoid any short-circuit. It will cause the leads to get hot and lose electrical functions.
2) Soft package is easily damaged by sharp objects such as needles and knives. Avoid touching the cells with sharp objects when handling and storing.
3) Next to the leads is the sealed edge. Don't bend or fold the sealing edge as it is sensitive to movement.
4) Don't open the folded edge on the sides of the cell.
5) Don't bend the tabs as the tabs are sensitive.
6) Avoid mechanical shock to the cells.
7) Don't put the cells into an oven, washing machine or any high-voltage container.
8) Don't use a charger without a safety certification. Use only a recommended charger.
9) You should immediately stop charging if the cell overheats, emits an odor, changes color, changes shape, etc.
10) The children should be supervised by adults when using the batteries.
11) Before using batteries, please carefully read and understand the Handling Precautions and Safety Guidelines.
12) Avoid electro-static discharge when using, charging, and storing cells.
13) Avoid putting the battery in contact with metal conductors such as neck chains, barrettes, or bolts, etc.
14) Don't use metal conductors to connect the positive and negative leads together.
15) Avoid errors during assembly by contacting the positive lead with the negative lead.
16) Keep away batteries from children.
17) The cells/batteries are requested to be stored within a proper temperature range specified in this specifications.
18) Do not store batteries in a manner that allow terminals to short circuit.
19) Do not place batteries near heating sources, nor exposed to direct sunlight for long periods. Elevated temperatures can result in reduced battery service life.
5.1 Soft Aluminum Foil
The soft aluminum packing foil is very easily damaged by sharp edge parts such as Ni-tabs, pins and needles.
1) Don't strike battery with any sharp edge parts.
2) Trim your nail or wear glove before taking battery.
3) Clean worktable to make sure no any sharp particle .
5.2 Sealed Edge
1) Sealing edge is very flimsy.
2) Don't bend or fold sealing edge.
5.3 Folding Edge
1) The folding edge is formed in battery process and passed all hermetic test.
2) Don't open or deform folding edge.
1) The battery tabs are not so stubborn especially for aluminum tab.
2) Don't bend tab.
5.5 Mechanical Shock
Don't fall, hit and/or bend the battery body.
Short terminals of battery is strictly prohibited since it may cause severe damages to the battery.
6. Notice for Designing Battery Pack
6.1 Pack Designs
1) Battery pack should have sufficient strength and the cell should be protected from mechanical shock.
2) No Sharp edge components should be inside the pack containing the battery.
6.2 PCM Designs
1) The overcharge threshold voltage should not be exceed 4.25V.
2) The over-discharge threshold voltage should not be lower than 2.75V.
3) The PCM should have short protection function built inside.
7. Notice for Assembling Battery Pack
7.1 Tab Connection
1) Ultrasonic welding or spot welding is recommended to connect battery with PCM or other parts.
2) If apply manual soldering methods to connect tab with PCM, Notices below are very important to ensure battery performances:
a. The soldering iron should be temperature controlled and ESD safe.
b. Soldering temperature should not exceed 300 ºc.
c. Soldering time should not be longer than 3 seconds.
d. Soldering time should not exceed 5 times.
e. Keep battery tab cold down before next time soldering.
f. Do not directly heat cell body, this may cause the battery damaged by heat above 90ºc.
7.2 Cell Fixing
1) The cell should be fixed to the battery pack by its largest surface area.
2) There should be no sharp edges at the assembly contact area.
3) Cells must be held firmly in the battery pack, and movement is not allowed.
8.1 Prevention of Short Circuit Within a Battery Pack
Enough insulation layers between wiring and the cells shall be used to maintain extra safety protection.
8.2 Prohibition of Disassembly
Never disassemble the cells, should a battery unintentionally be crushed, thus releasing its contents, rubber gloves be used to handle all battery components. Avoid inhalation of any vapors that may be emitted. must
1) The disassembling may generate internal short circuit in the cell, which may cause gassing, firing, or other
2) Electrolyte is harmful. Li-po battery should not have liquid from electrolyte flowing. In case of contacting the materials from a damaged or ruptured cell or battery, please follow the emergent instructions as below:
a. Eye Contact: wash immediately with plenty of water and soap or for at least 15 minutes.
b. Skin Contact: wash immediately with water and soap.
c. Inhalation of vented gas: remove to fresh air.
d. Ingestion: get medical attention immediately.
8.3 Prohibition of Dumping of Cells into Fire
Never incinerate nor dispose the cells in fire. These may cause firing of the cells, which is very dangerous and is prohibited.
8.4 Prohibition of Cells Immersion into Liquid
The cells shall never be soaked with liquids such as water, seawater drinks such as soft drinks, juices, coffee or others.
8.5 Battery cells Replacement
The battery replacement shall be done only by Honcell and never by users.
8.6 Prohibition of Use of Damaged Cells
The cells might be damaged during shipping by shock. If any abnormal features of the cells are found such as damages in a plastic envelop of the cell, deformation of the cell package, smelling of electrolyte, electrolyte leakage and others, the cells shall never be used any more. The cells with a smell of the electrolyte or a leakage shall be placed away from fire to avoid firing.
9. Recommended Notice:
1) Using cells on specified facilities only.
2) Using cells in normal ambient temperature range specified in this sheet, and at relative humidity 65±20%.
3) Using the cells, away from heat source. Don't let children play with cells. Don't drop cells. Charge cells with specified charger.
4) Avoid the positive pole shortcutting with the negative one. Avoid the cells affected with damp.
5) Don't drop cell into the water or fire.
6) If the cell isn't used for a long time, please keep the cells in a half-charged state neither fully charged nor completely discharged. Recharge the cells and use half of the power after 2-3 months. Store the cells in a cool and dry place, this will protect the cell from damaging.
7) If any matters with this specification arises, it shall be revised by mutual agreements.
10. Period of Guaranty
The period of guaranty is 1 year long time from the date of shipping. HONCELL guarantees its replacement in charge of free against defects in original material and workmanship only. In no case shall HONCELL's liability with defects proven due to manufacturing process instead of the customers abuse and or misuse.
To prevent the possibility of the battery from leaking, heating and or fire, please note the following precautions:
1) Do not strike battery with any sharp edge parts. The soft aluminum packing foil is easily damaged by sharp edge parts such as Ni-tabs, pins, knives and or needles, ect.
2) Do not immerse the battery in water or any other liquids.
3) Do not use and leave the battery near a heat source as fire or heater.
4) Do not reverse the position and negative terminals.
5) Do not let exposed battery wires touch each other. This may cause the battery to short and potentially cause a fire.
6) Do not connect the battery to an electrical outlet.
7) Do not discard the battery in fire or heat it.8) Do not assemble unmatched or dissimilar Li-po cells.
9) Do not charge if a battery is deformed, swollen or appears damaged. Follow the disposal instructions below, and dispose the battery properly and safely.
10) Do not bend the tabs since they are easily to be broken, especially the aluminum tab.
11) Do not short-circuit the battery by directly connecting the positive and negative terminal with metal conductive objects.
12) Do not transport and store the battery together with metal objects such as necklaces, hairpins etc.
13) Do not strike, throw or trample the battery.
14) Do not pierce the battery with a nail or other sharp objects.
15) Do not use or leave the battery at very high temperature ,for example, at strong direct sunlight or a vehicle in extremely hot conditions, otherwise, it can overheat or fire or its performances will be degenerate and its service life will be decreased.
16) Do not charge batteries on wood, cloth, carpet, in your model, or on any other flammable material. Keep a chemical fire extinguisher nearby in case of fire.
17) Do not use it in a location where static electricity is great, otherwise, the safety devices may be damaged ,causing hidden trouble of safety.
18) Do not rub eyes if the electrolyte get into eyes but rinse them with clean running water and immediately seek medical attention instead.
19) Store battery packs out of the reach of children and pets.
20) Immediately remove the cell from the device or battery charge and stop using it if the it gives off an odor, generates heat, becomes discolored or deformed, or in any way appear abnormal during use, recharging or storage.
21) Clean the terminals with a dry cloth before using in case of the terminals are dirty. Otherwise power or charge failure may occur due to the poor connection with the instrument.
22) The new cells are prohibited using from the old ones or other brands.
23) Be aware of the discharged battery may cause fire or smoke, tape the terminals to insulate.
24) Mixed cells using from different manufacturers is prohibited.
25) Never leave batteries unattended while charging. Always observe batteries when charging so that you may react quickly to any problems that may occur.
26) Any time you have an accident with your model or if the battery swells "balloons" or if the battery exceeds
temperature guidelines, follow these safety steps:
a. Immediately remove the battery pack from your model or charger.
b. Place the battery in a non-flammable and well ventilated area.
c. Observe the battery for 30 minutes from a safe distance.
d. After 30 minutes, if the pack appears stable not swollen and shows no signs of damage, return the battery.
e. pack to normal use with caution.
12. Battery Disposal Instructions
1. Discharge battery pack to 2.5 Volts per cell or less.
2. Fill a bucket with enough water to submerge the battery pack completely.
3. Add salt to the water until no more salt will dissolve; the water is now saturated with salt.
4. Place the battery pack in the bucket and leave submerged in the salt water solution for 24 hours.
5. Remove the battery pack from the salt water and test the voltage.
6. If the voltage does not read 0.0 Volts, re-submerge and re-test until the voltage reads 0.0 Volts.
7. Once the battery pack has been discharged to 0.0 Volts, it is safe to dispose.
Charging and discharging batteries has the potential for fire, serious injury to persons and damages to property. The user of this battery agrees to accept responsibility for all such risks. HONCELL can't control the use, application, charging or installation of this product and shall not be held responsible for any accident, injury to persons, or damage to property resulting from the misuse and/or abuse of this product. Read all safety guidelines, charging instructions, and battery disposal instructions on the inside of this specification sheet before using batteries. Keep batteries out of reach of children and pets. Children under the age of 18 must be supervised by a responsible adult. By purchasing HONCELL's products, buyer shall assume all risks associated with Li-po batteries.
Any matters that this specification sheet does not cover should be conferred between the customer and HONCELL. This document may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, and you should confirm the accuracy and completeness of all information before making any decisions related to the products you are to test, buy or use.
In order to ship as normal cargo, the cells and batteries must pass a series of tests. If engineering models and prototypes need to be shipped prior to completion of the tests then they must be shipped as Hazardous Class 9 Materials.
Battery Safety Test: Totally 15 items, according to UL2054 & IEC62133 standard;
Battery Reliability Test : Totally 8 items, according to IEC61951 standard;
Battery Application Test: Considering consumer's demand and habit; understanding the design of Electronics products; Proceed all kinds of application performance tests, gives improvement suggestions. Also provides our customers with a best cost control solution.
Battery Reliability Test
T1: Altitude Simulation: Simulates air transport under low pressure conditions.
T2: Thermal: Assesses the integrity of the cell's seal and the internal electrical connections of the battery.
T3: Vibration: Simulates vibration during transport.
T4: Shock: Simulates possible impacts during transport.
T5: External Short Circuit: Simulates an external short circuit condition.
T6: Impact: Simulates an in-transit impact.
T7: Overcharge: Simulates an in-transit impact.
T8: Forced Discharge: Evaluates the ability of a rechargeable battery to withstand a forced discharge condition.
***Note: the above tests need to be carried out on both the bare cells and assembled battery packs except tests 6 & 8 which only apply to the cells and test 7 which only applies to the assembled battery pack.
The recent new regulations governing the shipment of lithium batteries are coming into force. Anyone shipping lithium-ion batteries in bulk is responsible to meet transportation regulations. Lithium-ion cells whose equivalent lithium content exceeds 1.5 grams or 8 grams per battery pack must be shipped as "Class 9 miscellaneous hazardous material." Exception is given to packs that contain less than 8 grams of lithium content. If, however, a shipment contains more than 24 lithium-ion cells or 12 lithium-ion battery packs, special markings and shipping documents will be required. Each package must be marked that it contains lithium batteries. All lithium-ion polymer batteries must be tested in accordance with specifications detailed in UN 3090 regardless of lithium content (UN manual of Tests and Criteria, Part III, subsection 38.3). Cells & batteries must be separated to prevent short-circuiting and packaged in strong boxes.
Lithium-ion battery shippers are required to comply with EU Packaging Directive (94/62/EC) and Battery Directive (2006/66/EC) responsibilities in order to avoid fines and shipping barriers upon import into any of the 27 EU Member States. We deliver to most places in the world in a faster and efficient way to your office or warehouse. Whilst we cannot guarantee exact delivery dates, we will make sure we keep you fully updated about any known delay after on time pick up as scheduled.